Grown in Sitlingi Valley in Tamil Nadu by a group of Farmers, this haldi has special health benefits. A bright yellow powdered spice with purposes in the kitchen and for the skin.
Here are 7 amazing health benefits of Turmeric:
- Turmeric Provides Relief from Arthritic Pain - has anti-inflammatory properties have been instrumental in treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The antioxidant also destroys the free radicals in the body that damage the cells.
- Turmeric Is Good For Your Brain - Curcumin - aromatic turmerone or ar-turmerone is present in Turmeric. Research has found that this compound promotes repair in the stem cells of the brain - the same stem cells that can help in the recovery from neurodegenerative diseases like stroke & Alzheimer's.
- Turmeric Aids In Digestion - When consumed raw while suffering from a digestive problem, turmeric can help manage the condition. The major components of the spice stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, instantly making the digestive system more efficient. It is also known to reduce symptoms of bloating and gas.
- Turmeric Has Healing Properties - Remember how turmeric used to be every grandmother's pet suggestion to treat any cut, burn or infection? Its natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties make it an effective disinfectant
- Turmeric & Diabetes - The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of curcumin have been found to delay the onset of Type 2 Diabetes in people with pre-diabetes. It further helps moderate insulin levels and boosts the effect of medications that treat diabetes. However, it is important to consult a health professional before combining it with strong medication.
- Turmeric Helps Boost Immunity - Lipopolysaccharide - a substance in turmeric with anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal agents helps stimulate the human immune system. Take a teaspoon of the spice powder in a glass of warm milk daily and you'll see it work wonders as it reduces your chances of catching a flu.
- Turmeric Helps Your Liver Detox - Turmeric is known to increase the production of the vital enzymes that detoxify our blood in the liver by breaking down and reducing the toxins. By improving blood circulation too, turmeric is instrumental in promoting good liver health.